Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 3, 2012, 07:53:51 AM
Kyurem

Default Nate's Diary: Beginnings

Every journey has to start somewhere. This was no exception for a certain young guy, which is called Nate by most who know him well. Nate, being somewhat of a shy and friendly person, usually needs a lot of time to get to know people well, and he was out on the streets of Oldoak Town.

But he was here for something different. Something that could change his life. Something that could make him have a lot of interesting stories to tell...

It all started with a text message to Nate's phone. The text message, from an unknown sender, read, "Hey, Nate. Prof here. I've something for you, and you better come by this 3 PM. OK?" No reply was needed. Nate immediately heads out, walking towards the professor's lab, whose name was not known yet to him. Not quite willing to know the people around him, Nate didn't know a lot of names within town, despite being living there for a long time -- it's been over a decade since his family moved in here. He paced towards the laboratory...

Last edited by Twiggy; September 8, 2012 at 08:40:39 PM.
Old September 3, 2012, 08:06:26 AM
Shaymin

Outside Nate's house:
To the left is a small pond. It only stretches about 500 feet. There was a small Poliwag on the edge of it. It turned at the sight of Nate and jumped in the water. He must have scared it. The right of his house was their family's small garden. It had a few fruits and vegetables, but nothing too special. Occasionally it would attract a few Pokemon, but not many ever came to Oldoak in the first place. Ahead was a few more houses that looked very similar to his. But further than all the houses was the laboratory. It was large and metal, and adjacent to the entrance to the route between Oldoak and Paradora.

Last edited by teamplasma; September 3, 2012 at 08:54:47 AM.
Old September 3, 2012, 08:47:17 AM
Kyurem

As soon as he exited his house, Nate looks at a small pond. He has had fond memories of the small pond -- even as a small kid, he has always had an attached feeling to the little pond. It's part of his childhood - it has been around since he remembered anything that he could still recall now. Back in the past, there wasn't anything real interesting about the area surrounding the pond. It still is nothing interesting. Nate looked at the pond while he was walking by it, sighed, and moved on.

Towards the right of his house, he could look at his family's small garden. As a kid, he never took up gardening, as he "wasn't bothering with any of this" and preferred the company of machinery and electronics. Not much of an "organic" person, huh?

Nate walked down the familiar street, if only because all the houses looked all the same to him, although it may not hold true for other residents of Oldoak. One block, another block, yet another block, the path seems to stretch forever, even for a small town. However, at the end of the small path, Nate notices something glimmering from his sight.

It was a building that would deserve its "landmark" status within the small town he was in. There was no mistaking the nonstandard construction that he was looking at, compared to its surroundings. "This must be it," muttered Nate as he walked towards the strange building. As he walked towards it, he passed a sign that reads "To The Only Laboratory Worth Giving A Look: Professor Storax's Lab". The sign looks remarkably well-kept - a sign of the town's community service at work.
Old September 3, 2012, 09:02:55 AM
Shaymin

Nate walked into the Laboratory. Inside it was all shiny and metal. There were machines that looked extremely strange. Ones with liquids and strange things going though them, and ones what had rotating and moving parts. It was all breath-taking, most people dont see. A youthful man, probably 20, was at the far end of the square building. He seemed to be examining some kind of technology.
Old September 3, 2012, 09:32:39 AM
Kyurem

Nate walked into the laboratory through the door, and he was immediately assaulted with strange sights within the laboratory. He has never seen so many scientific instruments within his life. Clearly, this wasn't any old laboratory. He didn't imagine the professor would be someone this... eccentric.

Nate noticed the young man at the far end of the square building. He couldn't make out what he looked like, but he knew one thing -- the young man is looking at some nice technology. He still doesn't know whether that's the man he's looking for. The worse part is that he still doesn't really know how to handle people well.

Despite knowing that he won't be able to handle it well, he still decided to walk slowly towards the young man. While doing so, Nate looked at all the fancy machinery and tubes that seem to be covering every aspect of the laboratory. For one reason or another, his eyes became fixated on the orange tube.
Old September 3, 2012, 10:19:56 AM
Shaymin

When Nate walked on the metal tiled floor it made klinking sounds. Prof. Storax turned around when he heard it. He was scared at first, but then he saw the guy. "Hello, Sir, may I ask who you are?" Storax was very formal and calm while saying it.
Old September 3, 2012, 10:34:14 AM
Kyurem

Nate was as just startled when he saw the professor take a sudden turn and greeted him just like that. He had never experienced such a thing before -- it's almost always he did the formalities first, and not the other person. Nate had to talk, though. That's what he came here for.

"Um, hi," Nate spoke. He was unsure what to say next, with words seeming to get stuck on his lips. "...and what about the text?"
Old September 3, 2012, 11:17:08 AM
Shaymin

"Aw! Yes yes. Nate, it is. Sorry, I see so many face's a day it is truely hard to determine who is who. I am Professor Storax." He held out his hand for Nate to shake. With being so good looking, you wouldn't expect him being monotone. "I have the Pokemon ready for you." You could tell that he was trying to be nice and open, so Nate wouldn't be shy.
Old September 3, 2012, 07:36:17 PM
Kyurem

"Pokemon, huh? This is... this is... actually, then?"

Nate most certainly didn't expect the professor to be someone this charming and open. He looked at Professor Storax's face for a while, trying his hardest to make eye contact while talking with him. Reluctantly, Nate shook the professor's hand.
Old September 4, 2012, 04:53:32 PM
Shaymin

"Haha, I am not sure what you mean, laddy! Do you need help?" The Professor looked kind of concerned for the boy because of his gibberish. The Professor usually didn't get reactions from trainers like this.
Old September 5, 2012, 12:57:15 AM
Kyurem

"Um, actually..."

Nate showed the professor the text message on his phone. He was able to catch a glimpse of the professor's surprised face.

Last edited by Twiggy; September 5, 2012 at 12:57:39 AM.
Old September 5, 2012, 05:38:37 PM
Shaymin

"AH! Nate! Okay. I see now. Welcome! I am the Professor. It is nice to finally meet you! You are wondering what I have for you, aren't you?" He said then walked of a little.
Old September 6, 2012, 08:36:34 AM
Kyurem

"...Yes."

It was a strange thing for Nate -- He probably never really had a chat with another living person up close. As soon as the professor started to walk away, Nate hesitantly tagged along, if only slightly, due to how the professor moved -- only a slight movement, maybe less than a metre.
Old September 6, 2012, 04:34:54 PM
Shaymin

He walked over to a cart of PokeBalls and stopped. "I have been observed this community lately, and I thought that many of the youth of Oldoak town had potential in becoming a Pokemon League champion. There are more than just a few factors I have put into it. And through my studies, you always have seem to some on top of every subject. You seem to be the best of the youth here. And that is why I have brought you here." He pointed his hand at the cart. "These are 18 Pokemon. I am allowing to you to have one of them. For a small cost. And that is a promise. That you will challenge the Gym League." He then smiled. "You yet to have a pokemon, and it is a fairly simple promise. What do you say?"

Old September 7, 2012, 12:38:45 AM
Kyurem

"...Potential and the best? But I... I... um, OK, I suppose. So I just get a Pokemon here, and just do... this... league thing, right? Wait a second... 'league'?"

Aha! The professor got Nate on this one. For some reason or another, for all his love on Pokemon and everything related to it, he never bothered with the Pokemon League.

At the same time, Nate is thinking about what Pokemon to take out. Making choices is not Nate's strong suit. 2 is already plenty. Who knows what 18 will mean to him...
Old September 7, 2012, 08:36:14 PM
Shaymin

"I am glad you agreed! And yes a league. And to accompish your new goal, you must have the proper supplies. Like Pokemon."He walked over to a cart of pokeballs. "These are the pokemon you may choose from. you choose one. They are all labeled for you. And choose wisely." Professor crossed his arms and waited for Nate.
Old September 8, 2012, 01:11:28 AM
Kyurem

"I suppose... I'll have to make a choice, here and now."

Inside Nate's heart, he already had in mind two possible candidates as his very own partner Pokemon. Just two, and nothing more. A coin toss would be able to solve it, once and for all. It's that familiar feeling that Nate can't shake off. "Here goes...", Nate said to himself, as he took out his wallet, removed a coin, and tossed it up in the air. "Heads, I'll get a Turtwig, and tails, I'll get a Snivy."

*clink*

"...OK, I think I'll get a Turtwig."
Old September 8, 2012, 06:22:55 AM
Shaymin

Professor Storax didn't really like that he determined his first Pokemon. He also didn't want to point out that he could have meet the Pokemon in the PokeBall before he choose it. But he didn't want tobe rude to someone who's future would be all on this decision. "Okay. That is fine! You will have to take care of this pokemon." He smiled. "I also have something for you before you go.

Old September 8, 2012, 08:44:02 PM
Kyurem

"...and what would it be?" Nate now has a puzzled look on his face. For some reason, he could sense that something was a bit amiss. Or was it just him?
Old September 9, 2012, 07:36:41 AM
Shaymin

Professor Storax walked over to the desk and took a handful of something. Then he walked back smiling, but not saying a word. He held out his hand to drop whatever it was into Nate's. Nate stuck his hand out and Professor dropped 5 Pokeballs and 2 Potions in it. "These are to hep you along your journey."
Old September 10, 2012, 02:51:10 AM
Kyurem

"I suppose I'll have to take them, huh? Hang on a second... wait, now I'm confused. How do I use them?" As it turns out, Nate doesn't have any experience on being a proper Pokemon trainer. Nate needs all the help that he needs now, and fast, before he ends up getting in real trouble with wild Pokemon.
Old September 10, 2012, 04:09:12 PM
Shaymin

"These two are very simple. The Potions are sprays that you apply directly onto the Pokemon. It is most effective if you apply it where it hurts. Just press the button on the can which is one top! The Pokeballs are a little harder. You press the button on the top and it grows in size. And then you press it again and throw it to capture the Pokemon that you throw it at." He caught his brather. "That is basically it!"

Last edited by teamplasma; September 11, 2012 at 04:23:44 PM.
Old September 11, 2012, 07:50:02 AM
Kyurem

"So I guess that's it, huh?" Nate suddenly felt confident on his ability after hearing the words of the professor. The professor's voice seems to have a hold on his own mind for some reason. "Where should I go next?"
Old September 11, 2012, 04:29:56 PM
Shaymin

The professor held back from saying a smart elac would say. He just one for noticing flaws in ones speech. "Well. The closest gym is in Paradora city. To get there you walk the route that it directly left of this Lab. You will have to take that for about 3 - 4 hours before you actually get there. If you leave today you will have to spend the night there, because in 2 hours it will be dark." He caught his breath. "If you want to stay here for the rest of the night than that would still be okay. Because the pond here would be somewhere I would suggest you go. You might find a trainer or a Pokemon wanting to fight there. But it is really up to you." He smiled at Nate. Be loved the indefinite answers he was able to supply.
Old September 12, 2012, 06:01:26 AM
Kyurem

"I suppose I'll just go to the pond, huh? Maybe I'll then find someone interesting." Nate was always a person of adventure, and when he can find some time being alone, he'd drift off to random places. Besides, he always wanted to find out what real Pokemon battles are.
Old September 12, 2012, 07:01:14 PM
Shaymin

The professor was intrigued by what he was saying. "I admire that you are taking your time. Most trainers try to rush! Good for you. I hope you find whatever you are want." Storax said with a grin.
Old September 18, 2012, 02:08:37 AM
Kyurem

"OK. Hmm... OK, I think I'll take my leave now."

After the formalities, Nate went for the lake, wanting to have something that he never had in the first place. But first things first... Nate doesn't really like the idea of Poke Balls by a long shot. Nate is looking at the Poke Ball that is holding the Turtwig.

"Mmmhmm... I think I'll give it some fresh air. Turtwig, out of the Poke Ball you go!"
Old September 19, 2012, 05:21:43 PM
Shaymin

The smiley Turtwig cheered. "Turt-Twigg!" He gulped air and took a huge breathe. He too liked the outside more than the PokeBall.
Old September 20, 2012, 03:29:15 AM
Kyurem

Nate held the Turtwig and lifted it up high on the air. "Doesn't it feeeeeeeeeeeel goooooooooooood to be out?" Nate has always wanted someone to depend on; someone to share memories with; someone to enjoy with; someone to get together with. Something that is shared between Turtwig and Nate exists, but it doesn't seem to be something obvious.

"Ah! I forgot to give you a name. Hmm... Maybe I'll think of something..."

---

"I know! I'll name you... Twigster. Hehe."

Last edited by Twiggy; September 22, 2012 at 05:50:13 AM.
Old September 22, 2012, 06:04:17 AM
Shaymin

Turtwig, well Twigster, was pleased with the name. "Turrr!" He sounded, hopping a little as he did.
Old September 22, 2012, 08:56:02 AM
Kyurem

"OK, Twigster, how does... going to the... uh... wait a second... I remember... the pond sound?" Nate was going to the pond anyway, but he asked his trusty Turtwig anyway. Maybe Nate was a bit bored, or maybe Nate was looking for someone to talk to.
Old September 23, 2012, 01:24:45 PM
Shaymin

Twigster was happy with the pond. He had never been to one before, since he was raise differently from most pokemon. He just made a face showing how happy he was (Like the one in your avatar) then ran off to the nearby pond, not even waiting for Nate. The quick Turtwig was almost out of sight before Nate could start running after him.
Old September 24, 2012, 12:50:17 AM
Kyurem

"Hang on- wait, where you going, Twig?"

It would be poor form for a beginning Trainer like Nate to lose a Pokemon by having one running out in excitement for something that might have caught its interest. "Where you going?"

And with that, Nate chased the runaway Turtwig, ignoring almost everything else in the path.
Old September 24, 2012, 02:43:12 PM
Shaymin

Nate ran in the general path that his Pokemon did. Aimlessly he ran until he found him. He was at the pond's edge, the one that Nate suggested going to, but Twigster was being petted by a teenage, fair-skinned girl. She was laughing and was stroking Turtwigs head. "Haha, Turtwig! Where is your trainer, Turtwig?" The girl asked him.
Old September 25, 2012, 03:15:43 AM
Kyurem

"That would be me."

And yet again, Nate didn't even bother to properly introduce himself to the young lady. "Oh, and hello there. May I have the Turtwig back?" Nate smiled at both the lady and Twigster.
Old September 25, 2012, 03:32:12 AM
Shaymin

The girl giggles again. "Yeah, I never actually took it, though." She picked up his Turtwig, stood up, then held out his Pokemon to him. "You have a wonderful Pokemon, you should know. Hi I am Vanessa."

Last edited by teamplasma; October 8, 2012 at 04:53:34 PM.
Old September 25, 2012, 03:37:01 AM
Kyurem

"Lauren, eh? Are you perhaps... what the professor ordered? Oh, I meant the person that I should be looking for at the pond or something." Nate received his Turtwig, safe in his arms.
Old September 25, 2012, 01:38:03 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa ran her finger in her hair, thinking. "Umm... Not that I can recall. Though when I was there he did tell me that the pond here is a great place. Where you expecting someone" She obviously didn't know anything about what Nate was talking about, but she was being nice about the misunderstanding anyways.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 8, 2012 at 04:53:48 PM.
Old September 26, 2012, 07:24:46 AM
Kyurem

"Ah. Sorry about that. By the way, have you seen... uh, anyone else here?" Nate was determined to look for that certain someone that he need to find. It's not clear how Nate came to it, but it must have been something that Nate felt very important. Could a battle be that important?
Old September 26, 2012, 01:57:14 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa scratched the back of her head lightly. "I don't believe I have seen anyone, I was just on a walk. Can I help you with what you are looking for?" Vanessa seemed like a trustworthy, and honest person. She didn't seem at all like she was mocking him or trying to offend him. She dug her foot into the dirt a little.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 8, 2012 at 04:54:09 PM.
Old September 27, 2012, 02:02:47 AM
Kyurem

Nate nodded slightly. "Um, actually, are you a Pokemon trainer?" Nate likes to talk directly about what he is thinking, even though this might not be the best time to do so. Maybe this is the start of something special. Or perhaps not.
Old September 27, 2012, 03:38:32 AM
Shaymin

Vanessa seemed more engaged in this now that she related to what he was talking about. "Yeah, well I have a pokemon. And I have trained it a little. My parants are breeders, so it isn't one from the lab. I was already told about those. But I only have one." Vanessa took a small, red PokeBall out of her pocket.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 8, 2012 at 04:54:33 PM.
Old September 27, 2012, 07:11:58 AM
Kyurem

"Hmm, so you do have a Pokemon. What you started out with?" Nate seemed to want to make new friends by getting to know their Pokemon. "Since it's not from the lab... it could be anything." Nate said, with a faint smile on his face.
Old September 27, 2012, 02:58:08 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa mde a face like she remembered something. "Well... I just got a new baby pokemon. It is not my starter, but I act like it because it is so small and new. It was recently breed. So if you are implying that you got a starter recently, yes, this pokemon has many likenesses to one." Vanessa was being a little vague, and she noticed it while she was speaking so she corrected herself before her could get the wrong idea. "My Whismur is who I am talking about. But I have been with my other pokemon Sudowoodo, who has been one of my best friends since birth. But no, I am not exactly starting anything except for training my Whismur."

Last edited by teamplasma; September 27, 2012 at 02:58:20 PM.
Old September 27, 2012, 08:54:52 PM
Kyurem

"Oh, I see you're training! Do you mind if I joined in?"

Nate wanted to start training with his Turtwig, and what better way than to join someone else's training session? That way, he thought, he could get acquainted with Vanessa and gain some experience as a Trainer.
Old September 28, 2012, 02:26:20 PM
Shaymin

Like most things that make said Vanessa was confused by it. "Do you want to battle or train out moves?" Vanessa was a person I always need any clarification from a command.
Old September 29, 2012, 06:58:41 AM
Kyurem

"Battle or training, either sounds OK to me. Hmm..."

Nate was suddenly reminded that he doesn't have any battling experience yet.

"Actually, can you show me how to battle? You see... well... I've never done that."
Old September 29, 2012, 02:26:42 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa nodded, "Lets get started then!" She then released her little pokemon's PokeBall. Out came a little, purple, timid thing. It was undeniably scared, but that seemed of nature. It didn't really make a sound, but it had an unbridled problem with shivering. She greeted her own Pokemon, "Welcome Whismur."

Twigster
Male - Overgrow - Level 5
Tackle - Withdraw
35/35

Whismur
Female - Soundproof - Level 3
Pound
23/23

Last edited by teamplasma; September 29, 2012 at 02:26:59 PM.
Old September 29, 2012, 09:17:20 PM
Kyurem

"Ah."

First battle, first-timers. Nate guessed that he'd be a bit surprised by what will happen in the next moment. "So, if I'm not wrong, I just command my Pokemon to do something, right?"

Nate shrugged and walked slightly towards the back. "Well, it won't hurt that much to try out something. Twigster, uh... tackle?"
Old September 30, 2012, 09:04:47 AM
Shaymin

Twigster also inept, and didn't know about the whole fighting scene. He seemed to know that attack though and went toward the Whismur with a beggarly jog. He then whammed into Whismur, rolling her back a little. "Whismur, I know it hurts, but stay strong and try to get out of the way of his other attacks," Vanessa piped up, "Now come back with a Pound!" Whismur probably had practiced this move once or twice before because she had a pretty good stance. She ran (but was as fast as the jog) at Twigster, hitting him with her ears. She had twisted them together, which was a good move on her part.

Twigster
Tackle - Withdraw
32/35

Whismur
Pound
19/23
Old October 1, 2012, 09:28:54 AM
Kyurem

"OK, so I see that's how battles are conducted. Now, Twigster, I wonder whether you can defend yourself when you're about to get hit?"

Nate seemed to be the kind of person that would try everything. His experimental side seemed to be cropping up again. It's a bit of a puzzling thing, but Nate figured that he could always get used to messing around on everything, since he thought that he could get away with it.

"Just remember the ensure that the opponent... Well, maybe your shell is a bit hard."

Last edited by Twiggy; October 1, 2012 at 09:29:31 AM.
Old October 1, 2012, 03:33:38 PM
Shaymin

Whismur was now a little scared of Twigster, she didn't really know how to deal with a block, and it bothered her more now that she knew that he was going to do it. Vanessa commanded another Pound, but she didn't expect much out of it. Whismur jogged at Twigster, preparing herself for the attack. Twigster had turned his back to her, showing his shell only to her. She swunger her ears at him, hitting the shell with the same power as the last one. This didn't wuite hurt him that much ecause the shell was hard.

Twigster
Tackle - Withdraw
31/35

Whismur
Pound
19/23
Old October 2, 2012, 06:32:11 AM
Kyurem

Nate has gained some confidence, after seeing Twigster successfully block Whismur's mostly fruitless attempt of an attack.

"So you can block, all right. Now, can you dodge? Sometimes, even blocking won't work if the attack's too powerful. I think your shell can take only so much, Twigster." Nate seemed to learn a lot within a battling session, despite not having any prior experience.

"When Whismur... that's its name, right... goes for it again, you might be able to move out of the way at the very last moment. Or jump. Try anything!"
Old October 2, 2012, 02:28:53 PM
Shaymin

Hearing this made him tense up a little. He didn't quite know what he was going to do. And Turtwigs weren't know for being swift. Twigster knew he was going to struggle, kept his actions going as best as he could. "Whismur, now use pound another time, you know he is going to dodge. So expect to aim oddly." Vanessa had used strange phrases like that before with her, making the exact definition of it more secret. Whismur ran at Twigster, forming a club with it's ears. She swung at Twigster and hit him. Twigster froze up, clueless once she started the attack, making him completely vulnerable.

Twigster
Tackle - Withdraw
28/35

Whismur
Pound
19/23
Old October 3, 2012, 01:51:05 AM
Kyurem

"Well... Oops, I guess?"

Nate had a shocked look at his face. Then again, seeing how clumsily Twigster "dodged" the attack, he guessed that he's not going to expect much when it comes to dodging and it might be a better idea if Twigster just raised his defense whenever necessary.

"I think I'm getting the hang of battling. How long have you been battling, Vanessa?" It's like Nate has a lot of questions that beg to be answered. "Oh, and, I almost forgot. It's the next turn, right? Twigster, Tackle! And maybe jump a bit before actually hitting the opponent."
Old October 4, 2012, 04:41:12 PM
Shaymin

"I haven't been battling that long, I just have been raising pokemon." Vanessa said. She didn't really ever battle because when she lived with her parents she only raised pokemon, not battled.

Twigster tried to make Nate proud again, so he went right for the Tackle. He charged at him, with determination written all over his face. Twigster jumped, and hit her right in her head. It was pretty bad for Whismur. "Whismur!" Vanessa cried. "When you are ready, try a tackle."

Whismur took her time to rest a little, but sure came at Twigster with force. This was a little more powerful than the last ones. She swung her ears at Twigster, moving it's whole body in the same motion. It hit Twigster in te face as well!

Twigster
Tackle - Withdraw
25/35

Whismur
Pound
15/23
Old October 5, 2012, 12:44:08 AM
Kyurem

"Heh. Faces getting smacked, eh? Keep it up, Twigster! Now do it all over again!"

Nate whipped out his phone and started capturing a video of the battle. How he didn't do that earlier, he didn't know, but as soon as it came to him, he just pressed the "Capture" button on his phone.
Old October 5, 2012, 05:16:54 PM
Shaymin

Twigster went on command, he stormed to his way to Whismur. He kicked up a little grass as he ran at her. He Hit her, pushing her back with his body. She gt scared again and gave up on resisting it, she rolled more back. She got up, "Whismur, Pound again, you can stop when you are too tired! It is okay." Vanessa said. So she ran at Twister with a last endeavor. She hit him the same as before, nothing special, but more exhaustion weighed onto her shoulders.

Twigster
Tackle - Withdraw
23/35

Whismur
Pound
12/23

Last edited by teamplasma; October 6, 2012 at 05:32:45 AM.
Old October 6, 2012, 05:17:32 AM
Kyurem

"Your Whismur looks tired. Do you want to call it off now?" Nate seemed to care for the opponent, but this is because it is a friendly match, after all - sometimes, breaks are to be expected, and things just can't go on forever.
Old October 6, 2012, 02:24:57 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa looked down at her tired Whismur. She started walking toward her to pick her up. "That would be great. Thanks for the battle, now me and Whismur can improve on some things." She handled her baby Pokemon in a gentle way, petting her head with a little scratch to it. "I hope you found what you wanted."
Old October 7, 2012, 08:44:25 AM
Kyurem

"Hehe. I think now that I've got battle basics down pat, I think I can venture forth. That said, should we exchange numbers?" Nate immediately showed Vanessa his mobile phone, intending for Vanessa to input her number and save it.
Old October 8, 2012, 04:57:44 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa smiled and took his phone, "Sure, I will also set it so that if I am in you area it will alert you, maybe we can battle again. The next time my Whismur won't be so small, I bet, she it is growing a lot everyday." She started to swiftly type things into his phone, going from menu to menu putting different information in there. "So what did you say you were going to do again?" Vanessa had something in mind, but needed an answer before she did it.
Old October 9, 2012, 09:45:47 AM
Kyurem

"Uh... something about a Gym, perhaps? I suppose I'm supposed to be battling as a Trainer." Nate looked at Twigster, who was looking quite exhausted from all the battling, but not as hard as Whismur which took quite a thrashing.
Old October 9, 2012, 07:12:25 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa smiled, "I actually was looking over this egg before it hatched, so we could give it away..." She gestured to the egg in it's case. It lay right by her bag which she never picked up whenever she went over to battle. "It's parents are unknown, so I couldn't tell you what Pokemon it is, but maybe an expert would. It I a correct though, the heat it supplies suggests that it is about ready to hatch in a few days." VAnessa walked over to the pond to get the orange egg. The egg was large and round, it had tiny blue specks on it but any on the sides of the middle of it. "Do you accept it?"
Old October 10, 2012, 07:17:58 AM
Kyurem

"That egg does look like something funny. You sure you won't mind giving it to me, right?" Deep down in Nate's heart, he thought that it must be something quite impossible - to just get another Pokemon straight after the first battle without ever touching an empty Poke Ball.
Old October 13, 2012, 09:20:00 AM
Shaymin

"Yeah, I trust you! You cared for my Whismur enough to stop your first battle, something many trainers cant do. So yes, please take it! Something you should know is that you could use a regular Pokeball when it hatches because it would be more docile to you if it hatched in your arms." She said. "I would have had to given it to someone I trusted anyway... If we bump into each other or you phone tells me you are in my area I will go and check on it. If you need any help with breeding or eggs, just call me."
Old October 13, 2012, 09:45:50 AM
Kyurem

"OK! Got it."

It's a bit of a strange thing, but Nate felt like he was opening up. Opening up what? That is something for him to think about, but Nate certainly was a bit different. Different after today's battle.

Nate received a Pokemon Egg!

"Hmm... Hey, Twigster. How about I take you to my home right now? Oh, and Vanessa, you too?"
Old October 13, 2012, 12:38:04 PM
Shaymin

Twigster hopped and smiled, he was a jolly little pokemon. Vanessa laughed at Twigster, "Huh? What did you say?" She flipped her hair revealing her hair so she might hear whatever he wanted a little more clearly.
Old October 15, 2012, 06:41:16 AM
Kyurem

"Um, I meant, can I invite you to my place tonight?"
Old October 15, 2012, 06:36:22 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa thought, running her finger though her hair. The more she did it the more you could apply that she did that when she was unsure or nervous. "Yeah, sure. What for?" She was an only child and few friends so it was strange to suddenly have this happen.
Old October 16, 2012, 01:08:32 AM
Kyurem

"Uh... well... if you're uncomfortable, you could always decline." Nate was unsure how, or why he blurted it out...
Old October 16, 2012, 03:42:18 AM
Shaymin

Vanessa was really confused, and was frankly unsure if she liked this awkwardness. She also didn't want to be mean, so the only solution to this all was to say, "Yes, I will". She laughed a little, trying to lighten up the air. She started walking alongside Nate, allowing him to conduct his speech.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 16, 2012 at 03:42:35 AM.
Old October 16, 2012, 08:04:29 AM
Kyurem

While walking towards his home, Nate tried to have fun with his Turtwig by poking him at random places. "Man, here comes another poke, Twigster!"

And off goes Nate poking on Twigster.
Old October 16, 2012, 02:39:44 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa admired the cuteness he Male Turtwig had, she notice that many male Turtwigs aren't attractive, but she liked this one. "You two have a wonderful bond. I can tell that you guys will be great friends. Being from a breeding family I have seen many bods and relationships between humans and Pokemon. And you two already display such conduct towards each other."

Last edited by teamplasma; October 18, 2012 at 11:46:49 AM.
Old October 18, 2012, 08:32:39 AM
Kyurem

"I guess sometimes when you get something new... someone new... you treasure it." Talking to someone that he just met was quite the exercise for Nate. The same thing goes for Pokemon, too. Socializing is not Nate's strong area. "I suppose all of them are fruitful in one way or another, eh?"
Old October 18, 2012, 11:49:58 AM
Shaymin

The wind strengthened a little as hey approached the house. "That is true too. There has been a pokemon that I have seen that doesn't serve a purpose in this world. They all function for a reason, and that is why they are here." She said, displaying her beliefs on her sleeve. "So where is you house?"
Old October 24, 2012, 10:23:40 AM
Kyurem

"Where's my house? Hmm... Hey, just follow me. It's down this long, long street!" Nate wondered how Vanessa would react when she reaches his home.

It didn't take long for both of them to reach Nate's home, with Twigster on Nate's shoulder because it felt like not walking.

Last edited by Twiggy; October 30, 2012 at 12:51:13 AM.
Old October 30, 2012, 01:57:20 PM
Shaymin

When they got there Nates mother was outside watering the plants that sat on the windowsill of the house. She was moving onto the small garden of on the edge of the house when she was welcomed by the faces of her child and a lady she had never seen before. "Hey Nate! Where have you been? Who is this?" His mother was really uninformed in this situation.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 30, 2012 at 01:57:33 PM.
Old November 5, 2012, 12:44:02 AM
Kyurem

"Oh, hi, mum. This is... Vanessa. I'm pretty sure that you've never met her before today." The smile on Nate's face gives a clue to his mum that he's had a great time with her.

"I've actually begun getting into the world of Pokemon battling today, and she's my first opponent. I suppose we could take a break here together, no? Everyone's a bit tired now, and..."

*rumbling sounds*

"Haha! That's my stomach rumbling. Dinner time? Oh, hey, Vanessa, want to stay for dinner?"

Last edited by Twiggy; November 5, 2012 at 12:45:51 AM.
Old November 5, 2012, 01:09:09 PM
Shaymin

Nate's mom refrained from asking about the battle, because she knew that is was probably amazing for him to start his day in a pokemon way. "I think that it should be ready soon. Your father in inside making some soup." Vanessa's stomach growled when Nate's mom said that. "Yeah I would love to stay, thank you." She laughed at her stomach making the odd noise.
His mom spoke again, "Well you guys can go inside if you would like. I will be in soon as well."
Old November 5, 2012, 11:38:21 PM
Kyurem

"Mmm hmm. Say, everyone's gotta eat sometime, huh? I suppose I should show you my room while we're waiting for our dinner to be ready." Nate had something in mind - something big, something adorable.
Old November 6, 2012, 01:48:16 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa was a little unsure about this, but they were acting like good friends when they had only just met. "Yeah sure, I suppose" She felt that right now mimicking his gestures and sayings would be the only way to get anywhere. Many people seem to grow attached to people more quickly while doing that.

(In this next one you can just type about entering the house and going to the room and preforming the action of the post. You don't have to reply to her.)
Old November 9, 2012, 08:32:47 AM
Kyurem

Nate entered his room with Vanessa, with Twigster tagging along for the ride. Inside the room was... loads and loads of Pokemon plush toys, huge and small, of assorted varieties. There is a giant Victini plush toy lying on the bed, seemingly toppled over by its own weight. The room evokes a sense of cuteness - a bit out of place for a boy.

"Ahem... That's my plushie collection. Like it? I've been collecting them all for some years and I just couldn't resist how adorable and cuddly they are!" Nate then proceeded to throw the giant Victini plush towards Twigster for some reason. Maybe Nate is just looking for a fun time with all these plush toys?

Last edited by Twiggy; November 9, 2012 at 08:33:58 AM.
Old November 9, 2012, 01:04:46 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa's jaw dropped a little. Unable to close her mouth she said, "These are so CUTE!" She was just in a daze from all of the plushies that surrounded her. "I have never seen such an extensive collection, but not that I have seen that many collections." She grabbed a small one off he shell, "Where did you acquire all of these toys?" Contrary to how surprising it was that he had this, it was just pretty cool that he was cool with it too.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 9, 2012 at 01:05:49 PM. Reason: Needed something more.
Old November 10, 2012, 09:14:42 AM
Kyurem

"Oh, where? My mother has always bought them when I was young. For some reason. I don't really know why, cause I seem to have... uh... forgotten the reason." Nate is visibly blushing, his cheeks glowing with a faint tint of red. "Anyway, I think that plush looks great with you. Seems like a Cottonee works well with your fashion sense."
"...and I'm bored right now. Are you?"
Old November 10, 2012, 09:21:06 AM
Shaymin

Before he could finish the phrase his father called from downstairs. "DINNER IS READY!" Almost at the same time you could hear his mother opening the door to come back in. "Looks like its time to eat." Vanessa said and put the plush down and stood up. And along with that sequence of events Nate's father's Mothim flew in the window from outside. He had just returned from a day in the weather. "Moth-im!" He chanted.
Old November 11, 2012, 04:30:19 AM
Kyurem

"Mmm, hmm, seems like everybody is so hungry now. Mothim's look tells a lot! Hahahaha!" Nate bolted out from the room and headed downstairs to get on with the dinner. Vanessa tagged along with Nate, albeit at a slower pace. For Mothim, the stairs were no problem at all as it flew down the stairs.

"And we're looking at... hm, I guess you're the same as always, dad. Spaghetti?" It looked like the same old spaghetti that he's seen last week.

Last edited by Twiggy; November 11, 2012 at 04:30:51 AM.
Old November 11, 2012, 12:52:37 PM
Shaymin

Nate's dad, Ralph, laughed when he heard his son's remark. "No, this time I put something new in the sauce. Try it." He walked to the table with a large metal pot of the new sauce. He took the ladle and pored some on the plate of spaghetti. "So how was your day? I see you made a new friend." He went back to the counter top and got the spaghetti condiments that they always had.
Vanessa took a seat right next to the one that Nate was standing by. Mothim went over to the wooden perch in the corner and ate something out of the bowl sitting next to the perch.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 11, 2012 at 12:52:47 PM.
Old November 13, 2012, 06:46:12 AM
Kyurem

"Hey. I don't think I really like all this spaghetti, to be honest. Hmm... Hey, got some Pokemon food here? Don't forgot about this little Turtwig. Teehee." Nate laughed a little bit while mentioning the Turtwig, which is right behind Nate, seemingly wanting a share of the dishes. But what should he be eating, anyway?

Nate invited Vanessa to eat first. To Nate, it seemed like the first time. The first time that he's going to meet someone that he will know forever...

"Ah! Me too."

The spaghetti... It seemed familiar, but just barely. There seems to be something strange with the sauce - like a slightly more herbal taste, unlike what he used to have in the past. "Did you make the sauce yourself this time, Dad? I don't think anything store-bought tastes like this."

A faint voice from somewhere said, "Yup. Now it's not store-bought, isn't it? I actually took the time to... you know... yeah. Like it?"

"Very much!" Vanessa seems to agree, with an approving glance on Nate.

"As for the Turt- Twigster, um..."

"See, there's a new, green bowl right beside Mothim- huh?"

Ralph looked at the table. The green bowl was surprisingly empty... while Mothim was still eating out its own food.

"Seems like we forgot something. Hmm... Hey, Vanessa, I've heard that you're good at this Pokemon thing. What's your suggestion?" Ralph asked Vanessa what he thought was an easy question.

Last edited by Twiggy; November 13, 2012 at 06:49:40 AM.
Old November 13, 2012, 02:54:59 PM
Shaymin

Vanessa looked up from her plate which she was knee high in. She swalowed her food and spoke, "Most any Pokemon likes leafy food, especially grass and bug Pokemon. A lost of Pokemon like sweet fruits and berries, I don' know if you have any of those." She pilfered another scoop of Spaghetti into her mouth when she had the time to do so."
Old November 16, 2012, 08:56:40 AM
Kyurem

"Berries? Hmm... Maybe it's a good time for you to introduce them to me, huh?" Nate just realised that he didn't bother with the basics and just stormed off to the lab earlier that day. He had something in mind tomorrow now - something that he couldn't wait to do right now.

While Nate and Vanessa were talking to each other, Ralph added in much-needed food for Twigster. At least, for Twigster. "Sorry about that," Ralph whispered to the Turtwig in the room.

"And now... so Twigster's gonna eat now. Hehehe." Sure enough, right on cue, Twigster started munching on the food. He seems quite satisfied with it, seeing as it chewed through all the food pretty quickly. It didn't take him long to catch up with Vanessa - Nate seems to be a rather slow eater in comparison to others.
Old November 16, 2012, 09:46:00 AM
Shaymin

(And dont forget about the Pokemon Egg)
The dinner went pretty well, nothing too amazing really happened, and the food was consumed quickly. "It was really nice of you guys to invite me to eat." Vanessa said once again. "Oh, dont forget the egg, Nate. Where is it? You want to make sure that it is at a nice temperature." She reminded. "I am sure it is good for now, just dont forget that it is important." Vanessa took her breeding really seriously, so she just wanted it to be healthy. To lighten up the air she laughed and smiled a little.

"You got an egg, already?" Nate's mom asked. Just hearing of it her eyebrows raised over her head.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:47:09 AM
Kyurem

"Ah... oops! Thanks for reminding me about that Egg." Nate lifted up the mystery Pokémon Egg for everyone to see, seemingly to show off the Egg for some reason. "Pretty round... enough, huh?"

"Oh, and by the way, Vanessa, thinking of heading out with me to the next... uh... was it Paradora?"
Old November 25, 2012, 09:51:17 AM
Shaymin

Vanessa thought about it. She wasn't really sure about it, but something became apparent in her head. "Yeah, you are going to travel the Traka Region to collect your badges, right? Well as a young breeder I would love to explore the Region and collect data about all the other Pokemon that inhabit this island. The Day care being just in on spot limits the Pokemon that the trainers bring. So yeah. I think I will go to Paradora with you." Vanessa smiled at that, noticing she also had the chance to pursue her dreams.

As she finished up her meal she pushed aside the white plate. "The Spaghetti was really good, I am very thankful that you invited me here."
Old November 27, 2012, 12:09:19 AM
Kyurem

"Haha! I'm sure that if you ever crave something to eat, feel free to tell my dad about it. Hmm... I feel tired for some reason..."

For some reason, Nate fell unconscious on the table.
Old November 27, 2012, 03:16:41 PM
Shaymin

(Ooo. A twist)
The room was all silent but the thunk of Nate's head on the wooden table. Gasps then broke the semi-silence, then "Nate!" Was yelled from him mom. His dad leaned over the table and shook him. His mother stroked his back with the palm of his hand. "Honey, wake up." She passively commanded. His dad said something but was insignificant. "I will call for help." Vanessa offered. She whipped out her phone and dialed a number. It didn't take long for sirens to be heard. They stopped in front of the house and rushed in. Two men say the problem right away and stormed him off to the ambulance. The whole clan came in it with the three, creating one packed car. They took him to the hospital in Paradora City in no time.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:16:51 AM
Kyurem

Nate woke up in the hospital room, eyes still out of focus. "...Um... what happened?"

Nate seemed to be aware of something... Nate was unsure what caused it.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:30:27 PM
Shaymin

In the hospital room was Nate's mom, dad and Vanessa; in the corner was his bag and a note of some kind. The room wasn't too spacious so at this point it was nearly crowded. "You are in Paradora City, honey. No one knows why you fainted. They suspect it was stress." His mom answered. The room and all of it's silence made her seem rather loud. It was about 6:30 at night right now, and the sun was setting, backing an overhead light the only source of light.

(You can make a thread in Paradora City, unless you want to go back to Oldoak)