Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 22, 2012, 04:38:33 PM

Default Mike Shimizu's Adventure Begins

Mike Shimizu was having a dream of how he communicated with Psychic Pokemon telepathically. He loved being with Psychic Pokemon and enjoyed every second of having them in his dreams. Reality struck Mike when he woke up to the sunlight coming through his window. He knew that today wasn't going to be any ordinary day, this was going to be the day he was going to receive his first Pokemon from Professor Storax. Mike's mother wasn't home at the time; as she left Mike's house for "a long-term and important errand". Mike was living alone in Oldoak Town for the time being. As he went downstairs, Mike saw a Tailow with a note attached to it's leg. The note was from his mom about how important this day would be to not only Mike, but also her. She was sorry she couldn't be there to see Mike get his first Pokemon, but she was busy. Mike wasn't sure how his journey would play out, but he was prepared and ready to expect the unexpected. Mike wrote a note back to his mom and attached it to the Tailow. He went outside and set the Tailow free and then watched it fly away.

Last edited by Reuniclus; September 22, 2012 at 07:23:17 PM. Reason: I spelled "Shimizu" wrong >_<
Old September 22, 2012, 05:05:30 PM
Shaymin

Outside of Mike's House:

Outside was nice weather, it wasn't too hot or too cold, and slightly windy. There was a good amount of humidity, and peace in the atmosphere. Not many people were outside in the weather, though, only a few people were walking the thing dirt pathway that lead the people of Oldoak town around. To the right of Mike's house is the towns pond. It housed a few water pokemon, and a few woodland Pokemon. The Lab was all the way across the town. It was just about the farthest house from the Lab. But it was literally straight ahead of the house.
Old September 24, 2012, 04:55:42 PM

Mike looked to the right and saw some Pokemon moving around the pond. He wondered what it would be like to own his very own Pokemon. Mike frowned from the amount of humidity outside; he preferred cold-dry temperatures. After staring at the Pokemon playing in the pond for a few seconds, Mike walked along the dirt pathway until he came across a large building with a sign that read "Storax Pokemon Laboratory". He opened the lab door with hesitation, as this was his first time he was going to meet the professor, even though they lived in the same town for 7 years.
Old September 24, 2012, 05:17:19 PM
Haxorus

As Mike entered the building, he was greeted by a blast of air cooler than that of the outside. The room was so cold to prevent all of the numerous machines that lined the walls from overheating. Everything inside that room was cutting edge technology, and there was not a speck of dust or dirt to be found. The place was spotless as well as neatly organized.

A faint song was whistled by a man working at one particularly large machine which was emitting many bright lights. Its function was difficult to determine. The man had his back turned to Mike and he seemed oblivious to Mike's entry.
Old September 25, 2012, 04:12:42 PM

"At least this place has air conditioning" Mike thought. As Mike walked through the lab, his sneakers squeaked every time he took a step on the spotless floor. He looked at all the machines that looked too complicated to be handled by an 18 year old. A few of the professor's aids were studying and they pointed out the location where Professor Storax was. As he headed over to the professor, he noticed a few rows of Pokeballs on a table. Some of the Pokeballs in the rows were missing; assuming that some trainers arrived earlier and took them. Mike then walked up behind the professor and nervously asked "Excuse me sir, are you Professor Storax?"
Old September 25, 2012, 07:31:17 PM
Haxorus

The man in the lab coat turned around to face Mike with a small smile.
"Why yes I am..." he started to reply. Then he paused "Uh, what was your name? I don't believe I know you."
Old September 26, 2012, 04:45:17 AM

"Oh me?" Mike replied, "I'm Mike Shimizu, I was hoping to receive a Pokemon today and start a journey. The only problem is that I don't know where to go..."
Old September 26, 2012, 01:47:30 PM
Haxorus

Professor Storax smiled.
"Well Mike, you've definitely come to the right place! I have made it my life's mission to study Pokémon, but even moreso, to help new trainers get on their way. As a matter of fact, I have quite a few starter Pokémon. I could give you one, but could you do me a favor first?" the Professor asked as he began to walk towards his desk. "I just need you to deliver a package for me," he continued as he grabbed something from the desk drawer. "Think you can do that for me?" The Professor asked again, rolling a small box around in his hands.
Old September 26, 2012, 02:34:13 PM

"An errand to deliver something, huh?" Mike remarked. "It looks small...who should I deliver this to?" Mike looked at the package from different angles, but couldn't tell what it was.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:11:55 PM
Haxorus

"I have a friend who lives eight houses over, I think. It's the one with a big bush in front of it anyways." Professor Storax pointed as he spoke. "Just straight out the doors and it'll be on the left hand side," he said. "I really appreciate this, by the way." The Professor turned to go back to work. "I'll see you soon," he called before he resumed his work, almost instantly taking on an incredibly focused expression.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:51:22 PM

Mike held the package in his hand and wondered who lived in the 8th house, but he couldn't remember. "I'll have it done as soon as possible" Mike said to the professor as he ran out the door. Mike didn't like doing too many favors for people, but he had his starter Pokemon in mind at the time, so it really didn't matter. While outside, Mike followed the dirt path until he reached a house with a big bush on it. The door looked like it was shut tight, so Mike knocked on the door with a Megaman song beat.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:57:55 PM
Haxorus

The door opened slightly and a young girl poked her head around the corner. When she saw Mike standing there, she silently went back inside. Even from outside the thick door, Mike could hear her loud call:
"MOM! Someone's at the door!"

There was a pause and the door opened again. A young woman stood in the doorway, clearly the girl's mother.
"Hello there, young man. How can I help you?" the woman asked. In the living room behind her, her daughter was seated at the computer, clicking away furiously.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; September 26, 2012 at 06:58:32 PM.
Old September 26, 2012, 07:16:40 PM

Mike glanced at the girl on the computer and wondered if she was a trainer too. He then looked at the girl's mother and extended his arm foreward with the package in hand. "Ma'am, the professor assigned me to deliver this package to you. It feels light, what's inside?"
Old September 26, 2012, 07:33:48 PM
Haxorus

"Oh, yes!" the woman exclaimed. "It's my package of berries. I need them to make- Oh, what's this?" she interrupted herself. "Professor Storax gave me an Oran berry. I didn't need one... Would you like it?" the woman asked, with the berry in her outstretched hand.
Old September 26, 2012, 08:29:26 PM

"You sure you want to give it to me?" Asked Mike as he took the small berry. "This might come in handy, thank you!" Mike stared at the pale blue color the berry gave off; it looked very healthy.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:54:26 PM
Haxorus

"Sure go ahead and take it! You'll find more use for it than me," the woman said. "Thank you for bring this over for me... Uh, what was your name? I don't believe we introduced ourselves. I'm Marie-Anne, and my daughter who answered the door is Kelly." From inside, Kelly grunted some form of hello.
Old September 27, 2012, 08:03:51 PM

"My name is Mike" He replied with a smile. "I'm planning to receive my first Pokemon today from Professor Storax. He asked me to deliver something to you before I made my decision of which Pokemon to get."
Old September 27, 2012, 08:10:28 PM
Haxorus

"How wonderfully kind of you, Mike," Marie-Anne said sweetly. "Kelly will become a trainer at some point, if I can ever tear her away from her computer."
"Mom!" Kelly whined. "I'll go when I want to!" Marie-Anne looked back at her daughter quickly and at Mike once again.
"Well, thank you again, Mike. We really appreciate it." Marie-Anne smiled. "Maybe you'll see Kelly at some point, but for now you should head back to the lab and get one of those Pokémon!" she encouraged. "Bye now!" she called.
Old September 27, 2012, 09:09:02 PM

Mike thought about meeting Kelly later when she had her own Pokemon. He was expecting her to have a lot of Steel and Electric types considering how much she was on the computer. "Good bye!" Mike hollered. Mike then headed back to Professor Storax's lab. He felt so excited to be getting his first Pokemon very soon. The only thing was that he didn't know which one to pick. He rushed through the lab door, holding in his excitement. "Professor, the package was delivered!" Reported Mike.
Old September 28, 2012, 01:16:26 PM
Haxorus

The Professor was seated at his desk, comparing a few papers when Mike arrived at the lab. His attention instantly changed from the paperwork in front of him to Mike at his loud entrance. He laughed a full belly laugh.
"Well, you're very speedy, aren't you?" he said with another chuckle. "Well, thank you very much for helping me out. As your reward, I'll try not to blather on and on." Storax laughed again at his own joke. He gestured to the nearby cart of Pokéballs. "Go on and choose one now. I just have to finish this up quickly, but don't hesitate to ask me a few questions," Professor Storax went to return to his work, but then looked at Mike again. "Feel free to let 'em out if you'd like!" he called, them pulled out a pen and started scribbling a few notes on them.
Old September 29, 2012, 12:46:02 AM

Mike went over to the cart and saw a few rows of Pokeballs. He didn't expect there would be this many to choose from. Mike looked at the note of one Pokeball that read "Mudkip". "Mudkip huh?" Mike wondered. "I've always liked Water types too." Mike then took the Pokeball and gave it a gentle toss to the ground to meet it.
Old September 29, 2012, 09:19:01 AM
Haxorus

The ball opened with a flash of light, and once Mike could see again, there was a small blue Pokémon on the ground in front of him. It opened its mouth to exclaim, "Mudkip!" then it cautiously approached him.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; September 29, 2012 at 09:19:14 AM.
Old September 29, 2012, 12:00:47 PM

Mike smiled when he saw the Pokemon come out and approach him. "So this little guy will be my starter Pokemon..." Mike said and knelt down to pet the Mudkip.
Old September 29, 2012, 01:44:21 PM
Haxorus

At first the Mudkip shirked away from Mike's touch, but then it slowly warmed up to him and nuzzled his hand.
"Mudkip!" it exclaimed happily.

"A Mudkip, huh? This one really seems to like you," Professor Storax said warmly from behind Mike. He stepped forward to pet the Mudkip once as well, then stood again. "Here, I have a gift for you." The Professor reached into his pocket and pulled out five Pokéballs. "Some Pokéballs, so you can catch more Pokémon." He reached into his other pocket and pulled out three unidentifiable objects. "These are potions, to heal your Pokémon in battle. I hope you will use them well." The Professor nodded to himself as he spoke, as if checking another thing off some mental checklist.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; September 29, 2012 at 01:44:34 PM.
Old September 29, 2012, 02:10:51 PM

Mike chuckled and smiled at his new friend. "I'll be sure to take care of this little guy." Mike looked at the Pokeballs and Potions, then put them in his backpack along with the Oran Berry. "Thanks for the items, Professor. Do you think I should do anything else before I leave for my adventure?" Mike replied, still petting the Mudkip.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:14:16 PM
Haxorus

Professor Storax looked thoughtful for a moment. "No, I don't believe so," he said slowly. "I can't seem to think of anything..." He fiddled with some papers he held in his hands as he thought. "Unless you have any questions for me?"
Old September 29, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

"I do have a question in fact. Where should I go to start my journey?" Asked Mike. He was happy to be with Mudkip and wanted to start quickly.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:47:23 PM
Haxorus

"Ah, an excellent question!" Storax exclaimed. "I get that one a lot. All ready to go, but no idea where to go!" He chuckled. "Well, Paradora is probably the best place to go now. The route there is pretty easy to navigate since it's very straight, the path is well marked. Also, it's ideal for new trainers because there are plenty of weaker Pokémon in the forest bordering the path!"

The Professor paused for a moment and lit up the next. He hurried over to his desk. "In fact," he said happily. "I have a map of the region right here! It really only shows the route from here to Paradora, but you'll get more use out of it than I will!" He extended his arm with the paper so Mike could take it.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; September 29, 2012 at 08:48:00 PM. Reason: Why would my final period be a comma?
Old September 29, 2012, 09:08:59 PM

Mike took the map and stared at it. The map was dotted with trees and paths. "Thanks Professor, I'll use it well" Mike said with a smile. "I'll make sure to call every once in a while to see if anything comes up." Mike then turned to Mudkip "Let's go Mudkip, our journey is starting!"
Old September 30, 2012, 06:31:50 AM
Haxorus

"Of course Mike, I'd be very interested to hear how things are going for you. Good luck on your journey, and farewell for now!" Professor Storax called.
Old September 30, 2012, 09:41:47 AM

Mike ran out of the lab with his Mudkip following close behind. "Before we do anything else...I'll give this to you. You can eat it just in case you need health." Mike exclaimed to Mudkip. He then got a piece of string and tied it around the Oran Berry, making a necklace out of it. Mike then put it around Mudkip as an item to hold. Mike then looked at the map and followed the path; it was leading out of Oldoak Town.
Old September 30, 2012, 05:44:58 PM
Haxorus

The path was nice and wide, much wider than any of the paths in town. Bordering it on either side was a thick, green forest. The late afternoon shone down on Mike and his Mudkip, but not anyone else. There was no one else in sight, perhaps because it was so close to suppertime. As Mike looked down the path, he couldn't see a bend in it at all.
Old October 1, 2012, 03:19:40 PM

"Nobody else here, huh?" Mike wondered. Mike could only see a dirt path in front of him, it looked as if it had no end. He watched his Mudkip run a little in front of him, still keeping close to Mike. Mike saw that the sun was starting to set, the path took on an orange glow as he continued to walk down the long path.
Old October 1, 2012, 04:55:22 PM
Haxorus

The walk seemed to take forever as the landscape never changed. There was only the forest, a never-ending green wall; the pitter-patter of Mike's little Mudkip and its occasional "Mudkip!"; and the heavier footsteps of Mike himself. Perhaps the most interesting thing to look at was the straight path that was rather rutted.

After the monotony of the route stretched into the hours, when the sun had journeyed to the very edge of the sky, there was finally an interruption. In the middle of the path was a small purple Pokémon that seemed to be determined to not let them pass. "Rattata!" it called fiercely.
Old October 2, 2012, 02:54:38 AM

"Ohh! A Rattata! This Pokemon looks feisty, I'll battle it." Mike exclaimed "Get ready for battle, Mudkip!"
Old October 2, 2012, 04:32:57 PM
Haxorus

The Rattata, despite all its bravado, had no idea what it was doing. It noticed Mike's Mudkip taking a fighting stance and it instinctively dove at the water Pokémon. It was a very quick attack that was impossible for Mudkip to have dodged, especially since he was so unprepared.
"Rattata! she cried fiercely, pleased her attack had gone so well.
Mudkip shook himself off, and tried to look fierce as he prepared himself for Mike's command.

Name:  Rattata.png
Views: 84
Size:  44.0 KB
Rattata
Female - Run away - Level 4
Tackle-Tail Whip- Quick Attack
HP: 30/30

Name:  Mudkip.gif
Views: 72
Size:  44.2 KB
Mudkip
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Growl - Tackle
HP: 33/35
Old October 2, 2012, 06:54:16 PM

"We're not going to let that attack phase us! Mudkip, Tackle attack!" Mike ordered. Mike was determined to win this battle, even though he had not planned to catch a Rattata.
Old October 2, 2012, 07:57:25 PM
Haxorus

Mudkip was ready this time and he quickly sprang into action, bounding across to the Rattata and leaping into her. The Rattata fell back letting out a big rush of air. Stunned, she was unable to retaliate before Mudkip was out of her reach.

Rattata
HP: 26/30

Mudkip
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Growl - Tackle
HP: 33/35
Old October 5, 2012, 08:43:31 AM

Mike saw the satisfied look on the Mudkip's face, he looked ready for more. "Keep the pressure on, Mudkip!" Mike hollered. "Use Tackle again!"
Old October 5, 2012, 05:59:35 PM
Haxorus

This time, the Rattata was ready. Humiliated at how things went just before, she was determined to get back at the Mudkip who looked rather smug. Without warning, she leaped at him with a quick attack. He could barely blink before her attack was over, but it sure hurt. He managed to get a little tackle in before he moved away to rest for a moment in preparation for his next attack.

Rattata
HP: 24/30

Mudkip
Male - Torrent - Level 5
Growl - Tackle
HP: 30/35