Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 31, 2012, 05:09:45 PM

Default My Two Year Anniversary on VR

Many people celebrate today because it is Halloween, but as fate would have it, today also serves as the anniversary of when I registered on this forum. So, I decided to create a thread to just talk about my time here and stuff, to commemorate this occasion.

I actually was aware of Victory Road's existence well before I had registered. I would lurk around as a guest and just see what things were like around here. I finally decided to join the community on October 31st, 2010. I was, and still sorta am, a timid and quiet person. But ever since joining, I have made friends with countless people and have created multiple fond memories along the way. I distinctly remember the first friend I ever made on here was fellow staff member Shade.

I remember seeing folks come and go, some true 'VR veterans' leave for other places, or simply cease stopping by. I've witnessed new members come and not only join the community but climb the ranks of staff, such as Reuniclus and SyracuvatTenlii. I've seen crazy events unfold in the old chat. I've seen once beloved and respected forum members go down in infamy and dishonor.

I never once imagined that I would ever become a staff member myself when I first joined, and I still sometimes can't believe it to this day. But I continue to promise to both myself, and to Cat, to do my absolute best with modding and to help make this place a great forum. It's a responsibility I take great pride in trying to fulfill. I'm not sure if anyone reading this realizes, but I've grown up considerably over time since joining. When I first came here, I was quiet, shy, and naive. While I am still rather reserved and timid, I am no longer the naive and unsociable person I once was.

I partially blame VR for my chronic insomnia, but at the same time, I give VR all the credit in the world for being the sole reason I am motivated to even roll off the couch sometimes. I love this place so much, and through the daily struggles I have to suffer in real life, knowing I can hop on here and have a good time for the most part and be surrounded by close friends is always a positive.

I have nothing left to really rant about, all I can say now is that I am happy to have stayed around here for two years and I won't ever leave this place come hell or high water. It's been two years now, and I can only hope more good memories and friendships are to be made on VR down the road.
Old October 31, 2012, 05:19:55 PM

I remember the first time I met you, Cy. I've had such fond memories with both you and Syra, that it makes me miss those moments quite a bit. I'm glad I could be there to help and support you when you needed it, as you have done with me. You are my first brother here after all. :]
Old October 31, 2012, 06:01:09 PM
Volcarona

Two long happy years, and on a lovely holiday as well! You sure did choose a nice day to register two years ago. Well, I along with everyone else am glad that you have stuck with us for all this time! You are an invaluable member to the VR Family.
Old October 31, 2012, 06:25:15 PM
Kyurem

...Dude, I think I remember you joining.
But of course I don't know for sure because, well, it was two years ago and I was still totally clueless and ditsy and addicted to /b/uizel.

Either way, happy two years and happy Halloween. Even though I do have some problems with you (I have problems with everyone though x3), you do make some damn good company on those nights that I can't sleep. Here's to another two years.
Old October 31, 2012, 06:40:15 PM
Regigigas

I remember you joining all too well. Time flies by all too quickly doesn't it?
Old October 31, 2012, 06:45:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I remember you joining all too well. Time flies by all too quickly doesn't it?
Is it weird that I read that in the voice of Rucks?

Cyrus, I think I remember you joining. You joined shortly before I left VR due to all the spoilers surrounding Black and White 1. I certainly missed a lot in such a short time. Little bit ashamed in myself for leaving, but at the same time I'm glad I left. Missed too much though....
Old October 31, 2012, 08:56:12 PM
Administrator

Two years already? Time really does fly when you're having fun.