Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 1, 2012, 03:00:19 PM
Kyurem

Default A sad story [Sensitive Material]

(I don't know if this is proper to post in the blue but it isn't proper to post in here then please inform me because I don't want to break any rules.)

Anyways, so today at Band Camp, my one friend was upset about something. He asked to talk to two of my friends and myself, and he told us about something REALLY painful that happen to him 6 years back when he was 11. When he was younger, every summer he went down to Florida to see his grandmother. He became friends with a black kid (I am not trying to sound racism by saying black.) They became best friend. 6 years ago from today, my friend had to see his friend kill himself because everybody call him a (It is blocked by VR, but you know what word I mean) and he couldn't take it anymore and just killed himself. No, 11 year old shouldn't have to see their best friend kill himself in front of them. To make it worse for him, in our Opener for Marching Band our first song is Eleanor Rigby his best friend's favorite Beatles' song. Honestly I think people should learn to live with the other race, I know there is bad black people but there is also good ones. Being racism is just a stupid decision, we are all equal.

Last edited by Aquablast; August 1, 2012 at 03:03:20 PM.
Old August 2, 2012, 12:11:57 AM
Floatzel

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. There are some really rascist schools in the Uk too where even the teachers turn a blind eye (thankfully I'm not at one)

And Eleanor Rigby is a really good track ^^

Last edited by DashArmy; August 2, 2012 at 02:31:24 PM. Reason: Snap my bad, I didn't read that part of Aqua's post.
Old August 2, 2012, 02:41:17 AM
Rayquaza

"Bad black people." That is ridiculous. The fact that you mention a phrase like this promotes racism, even if you don't mean it. There are "bad people" in this world, originating from different races and cultures. No race has no bad people, but it is the pride of some men that makes them target one whole race, instead of targeting the violators.

I also think that the look on racism needs to be broader, as it is not only against black skinned people, but against others too.
Old August 2, 2012, 10:19:18 AM
Landorus

Racism. Why must you exist. It's cruel, and like people say, you don't judge a book by it's cover!
Old August 2, 2012, 10:34:03 AM
Volcarona

Racism is a disgusting thing. You'd set someone on fire for their heritage, spit on them for their culture, and humiliate them for their beliefs. At the end of the day, you have no idea what conflicts are going on in their heads or who in the hell they really are, so why get mad for no reason? Your friend shouldn't have died. Those people who got on his case are bloody disgraces. End of story.
Old August 2, 2012, 11:59:08 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
"Bad black people." That is ridiculous. The fact that you mention a phrase like this promotes racism, even if you don't mean it. There are "bad people" in this world, originating from different races and cultures. No race has no bad people, but it is the pride of some men that makes them target one whole race, instead of targeting the violators.

I also think that the look on racism needs to be broader, as it is not only against black skinned people, but against others too.
Yeah I made a big mistake, I mean to put that both races contains bad people and Black aren't bad just because they are black. I am sorry about my stupid error, I relieve five minute after I post it here but I was in the car going to a pool so I couldn't change it until I got home.

@Galluim: It was my friend's friend who die, I didn't know the kid who die but I just think it was sad. Also I do agree with you are saying man.

Last edited by Aquablast; August 2, 2012 at 12:01:00 PM.