Forum Rules (Please Read)
- This forum is subject to the laws set forth by the United States, the State of Nevada, and ServerPoint. Forbidden material includes, but is not limited to, pornography, hentai, items protected by copyright, safety hazards, and excessively violent graphics. Promotion of piracy is also forbidden.
Victory Road's Specific Rules
- Use correct spelling and grammar to the best of your ability. Occasional mistakes are permissible, but consistent misuse of spelling and grammar is annoying and impedes comprehension. Remember: if you aren't going to take the time to make your post readable, then we aren't going to take the time to read it.
- Be mature, thoughtful, and on-topic. Frivolous posting may occur ONLY in Game Corner. One-word posts are not appreciated elsewhere. Do not spam, flood, troll, double post, or post off-topic. Do not overuse smileys, images, DIV tags, or YouTube embeds such that a page is cluttered. Do not post simply to increase your post count. However, you are permitted to double post if at least a significant amount of time has passed or urgent information is introduced. (An example is if a release date for a game is published after your post made the day prior.)
- Moreover, please use the "Like" button instead of saying "^This".
- Do not harass or argue with moderators or administrators or undo their actions. If you have concerns, contact the appropriate staff members via PM. Moderators are not to make abusive edits to posts.
- You can help us by reporting offensive posts and content. Instead of telling moderators they are doing a poor job cleaning up, click the Report Post icon in the upper-right corner of a post. This will notify staff members. Abuse of this feature may result in loss of reporting or infractions against your account. If the content is not in a post, please send a PM to any staff you feel are able to review and take care of it.
- To comply with COPPA, all users must be at least age 13. Anyone who is using an account and is under age 13 will be banned.
- Profanities, vulgarities, abusive and violent language, and any form of flaming and harassment are not allowed. Discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, political affiliation, or country of origin is not allowed at Victory Road. Use of abusive or slanderous language may result in an infraction.
- Organize questions and comments into appropriate and properly-titled threads; search for similar threads before creating a new one.
- Do not use any account, including sockpuppets (alternate accounts), to impersonate members, violate rules, or bypass moderator action.
- Do not bump topics more than one month old unless they are still relevant. An example of a topic that is still relevant is one that asks, "What is your favorite Pokémon?" while one that is not would be, "What do you want to see in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl?" four months after Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are released. If a thread is a sticky, you may post in it regardless of its age unless locked.
- Advertising of external chat rooms is not allowed. In the same regard, advertising other forums is only allowed inside your signature and nowhere else. Linking to a specific post or thread of another forum is fine, such as when discussing the content of either a single post or an entire thread, but requesting members join your forum or asking others to visit it for no reasons other than advertising is not allowed. This includes the chat rooms that accompany broadcast channels; these may be advertised only if the chat is disabled or not intended to be used.
- Do not link to any shady, illegal, pornographic, or inappropriate sites or dealers. Do not post links to referral benefits or affiliate links; these are links that, when clicked, will gain the link owner some form of financial or loyalty-based points gain. Such links may be placed in your signature if they are trustworthy and legal. Advertising social network groups and pages is not allowed.
- Hot-linked embedding, which is the act of embedding images from other websites, is discouraged for most proper threads, particularly threads where the content is created specifically for posting on the forums. Please try to use the attachment feature so images don't disappear from threads and become useless in the near future and to avoid sapping bandwidth from other sites. Spammy items (particularly, most stuff in the Game Corner--again, unless it's created specifically to be posted on Victory Road), however, are best left to hotlinking.
- In order to allow easier managing of posts, your Victory Road account cannot be fully deleted. However, you may request a removal of all private information from your profile. In addition, username changes are handled on a case-by-case basis and are generally only approved if the new name is similar, the account is brand new, or the account is very old.
- If a word is censored, it is not to be discussed.
- When a rule is violated, your account may be issued an infraction. Upon reaching 4 points worth of infractions, your account will be placed in "purgatory." While in purgatory, all posts are subject to moderation and will not be posted until a moderator reviews your posts. To eliminate this status on your account, you will need to wait for enough infractions to expire for your points to go back below 4. Upon reaching 6 points, your account will be banned until enough infraction points expire to put you below 6. Moderated posts are still subject to the rules, so if any violations are made within these posts, you may still receive an infraction.
- These rules apply to all parts of Victory Road, including (but not limited to) forums, Pokékaki, Adoption Center, personal messaging, photo albums, avatars, signatures, and visitor commentary, unless otherwise stated by an administrator. Do not use any portion of the forum as a secure medium of transferring information. You are highly urged not to share passwords, credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable information through the forum for any reason. Other personal information, like addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and IM identities should only be shared in private. We are not responsible for events that occur from this information sharing. We reserve the right to display and modify posts, profile information, and pictures without notice. These rules may also be modified at any time as staff sees fit.
- Content posted to Victory Road remains copyrighted to the original content poster. All content that has been posted is provided with rights to Victory Road that it can be displayed and preserved as the staff sees fit. Remember: don't publicly post content you don't want to be seen many years in the future.
- Signature guidelines
After reading these rules:
Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
If I throw a stick, will you leave?
Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
Chaos, panic, and disorder. My work here is done.
Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 5, 2016 at 08:41:29 PM.