Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 10, 2010, 06:17:16 AM
Volcarona

Default Images of Black and White Revealed!

Serebii recently posted images from corocoro of Pokemon B&W. This includes the Pokemon Center, a cave, city, the starting town, AND what we've all been waiting for....The New look of the Battle screen! From these pictures we even get to see what the female character looks like. This game looks to be really innovative in it's 3D technology.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml

I can't wait to see battle action on that battle screen...It looks like it will finally be 3D battles!

Full image of magazine from gonintendo.com (thanks to JAD for posting this):

Last edited by GreenLiquid; April 10, 2010 at 09:07:54 AM.
Old April 10, 2010, 06:35:14 AM
Kyurem

Too low-quality for me

This is confirmed to be released for the DS original, correct? It does look like we will see our first true 3D (edit: pokemon) game (true being 360 degrees), though, it still is hard to confirm that for sure. They are more 3D, but I still can't tell if we'll be able to rotate the camera.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; April 10, 2010 at 06:56:43 AM.
Old April 10, 2010, 06:38:52 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Too low-quality for me

This is confirmed to be released for the DS original, correct? It does look like we will see our first true 3D game (true being 360 degrees), though, it still is hard to confirm that for sure. They are more 3D, but I still can't tell if we'll be able to rotate the camera.
Well they're out of a magazine, what do you expect?

I doubt we'll be able to rotate the camera 360 degrees, but it certainly is a step in that direction...just look at that city image!
Old April 10, 2010, 07:06:18 AM
Shaymin

Oh my gosh, that is going to PWN. I am like 99.99999% sure I'm importing them.
Old April 10, 2010, 07:35:10 AM
Giratina

Those images are amazing! Honestly, they show so much development and innovation than the previous games!
Let me state my comments on every picture:

1) Although the battle screen shows that the Pokémon sprites are still a bit 'pixely', it still looks cool to me. I'll wait until more images are shown on the battle scene to make a better judgment on it.

2) The second picture shows a lot of things. Firstly, the female trainer looks temporary and current. Secondly, the PokéCenter looks neat, especially that computer. Thirdly, Nurse Joy has been substituted by a new nurse. Lastly, the PokéMart has moved into the PokéCenter.
All in all, I think the PokéCenter will look really nice and appealing.

3) The third picture = OMG. The buildings look very epic (I like how they appear much taller now), the PokéCenter looks modern with glass all over, and the whole city looks downright amazing to me.

4) I won't lie and say I'm very impressed with the male trainer, but I also believe the scan made it look ugly. I'll wait for more pictures to be revealed about him.
Leaving that aside, I like how the water looks more realistic now, and the way the cave looks more like a natural one.

5) Not as interesting as the others. The only thing I can spot is the curvature of the ground, which is something different than the previous games.

6) Wow. As exciting as the third image. I love the way the buildings and the bridge look very realistic, and how they added vehicles under the bridge.

I think that they are focusing on developing the game so that it becomes more parallel to the realistic world. I'm quite happy and excited with the current images, and I can't wait until more information and/or photos are revealed.

(My opinion is likely to change later on, so don't take my words for granted)

Last edited by Shadow; April 10, 2010 at 08:07:45 AM.
Old April 10, 2010, 08:04:53 AM
Regigigas

The new, more 3D and realistic outlook towards designing the cities is a very good idea, in my opinion. Whenever I`d see an in-game city (Ex. Jubilife City) in the anime, I`d think "Why is it so miniscule compared to the anime? It`s not even as big as a city should be!", seems now that problem will be morw adequately addressed xD

The battle screen looks very good, to me. Instead of having a generic background, they also seem to have a relatively detailed landscape in place behind the enemy Pokemon to indicate where the battle is fought, and the full-body sprites imply to me that they might actuallu have the Pokemon have an attack animation where they actually move, instead of sending one sprite crashing into the other and shaking the one that got hit.

Hopefully Pokemon Sunday will reveal more pictures, if anything`s shown, I suppose I`ll post it in another thread here.
Old April 10, 2010, 08:11:22 AM
Rayquaza

OMG! I am so amazed with the pictures! The city just looks awesome with all those building. Also, are we really going to have cars in that region?! This means that Pokemon is advancing!
Old April 10, 2010, 08:25:38 AM
Administrator

Looking awesome! I'm loving how they made the cities actually appear larger and the better 3D effects that are used.

Last edited by Yoshi648; April 10, 2010 at 09:05:40 AM.
Old April 10, 2010, 08:37:01 AM
Servine

i hope they let you drives cars to other regions. XD
Old April 10, 2010, 08:53:57 AM
Regigigas

I can tell already that the cities in Generation V are going to have great atmosphere. Those skyscrapers really set the mood. And the battle scenes have both full-body sprites from the back and shadows. The only thing that seems off to me is the Pokémon Center: the difference between sprites and models is a bit jarring. On the whole, this looks great, and I really hope we'll get to see it in action on Pokémon Sunday.
Old April 10, 2010, 09:12:47 AM
Kyurem

I'm sure I'm the only person who has thought about this, but I'm curious when they started developing this game. You simply can't develop a whole new game to the point where you can show it off in under a year - either they have been developing this since they were developing Platinum (far from impossible), or the games are still far from complete.
Old April 10, 2010, 09:23:05 AM
Rayquaza

I really hope there's more info like getting official artwork.
Old April 10, 2010, 12:06:16 PM
Haxorus

The names of these games sound so plain. But overall, the game looks pretty cool. I just rather have Pokemon games have a longer storyline.
Old April 10, 2010, 02:28:12 PM
Giratina

WOW.
Full Pokémon back sprites?!
A full 3D world?!
I really don't think they should use sprites in the overworld though.

Last edited by Ningamer; April 10, 2010 at 02:30:59 PM.
Old April 10, 2010, 02:36:23 PM
Zoroark

These games look AWESOME! But the only thing that bothers me is that pokémon don't follow you anymore. I hope this isn't true when the games come out! I can't believe they took that out!
Old April 10, 2010, 05:15:17 PM
Shaymin

Full 3-D?

So if BW are THIS awesome looking... what will the 3DS look like, with its full 3D graphics?

These games are examples of what is in store for the future, and the future (if you'll pardon my French) looks ****ing awesome.
Old April 10, 2010, 07:23:57 PM
Haxorus

I'm not very excited... I'll miss how the classics were programmed... =(
Old April 10, 2010, 07:36:38 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Looking awesome! I'm loving how they made the cities actually appear larger and the better 3D effects that are used.
Yea Yoshi, they did it a little in HeartGold/Soulsilver. But, this must be FULL 3D! This looks like it's going to be on DS. The game looks NOTHING LIKE THE gameboy titles now.
Old April 10, 2010, 09:46:53 PM
Mudkip

OH MY OH MY OH MY! these look SO~~ good! @@
I'm so excited now... I'm even ignoring the weird sounds coming from my roof. .. T^T
WHOA THE CITY~ WHOA THE CHARACTER~ WHOA THE BATTLE SCENE!
the city looks absolutely amazing...
and the girl character's outfit looks like SNSD's "Oh" cheerleading outfits >~> hehe

I'M SO EXCITED!

looks incredible.
Old April 11, 2010, 02:49:29 PM
Charizard

the images look awesome. i was hoping for a 3D battleish thing
Old April 11, 2010, 02:57:57 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Too low-quality for me

This is confirmed to be released for the DS original, correct? It does look like we will see our first true 3D (edit: pokemon) game (true being 360 degrees), though, it still is hard to confirm that for sure. They are more 3D, but I still can't tell if we'll be able to rotate the camera.
If you look at the right picture on the left page, the road curves around the building. That might be our clue towards 3D.
Old April 14, 2010, 08:31:48 PM
Administrator

Clearer images get!
Old April 15, 2010, 03:34:00 AM
Rayquaza

^Nothing new there.
Old April 15, 2010, 08:30:31 AM
Volcarona

^wrong

With the clearer images, I see details in the grass of the starter town, and more buildings in the bridge picture can be seen.

Plus, the absence of the light is always a plus
Old April 15, 2010, 09:04:33 AM
Giratina

The clearer pictures really helped in giving me a better image of the game's graphics.
But I'm still disappointed that no further news will be revealed until May 15th :/
Old April 15, 2010, 08:30:05 PM
Cyndaquil

I cant wait to see Zorua in the game! This is gonna be so really awsome!