Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old May 27, 2010, 09:34:02 AM
Administrator

Default Poképark Wii to be released in Europe on July 9th.

Poképark Wii will be making it's way out of Japan and will be hitting Europe on July 9th.

Press Release    
27/05/2010
First Pokémon adventure for Wii, starring Pikachu!

Get ready to run, jump, and smash your way through Pikachu’s latest action-packed adventure for all ages when PokéPark™ Wii: Pikachu‘s Adventure launches on Wii on 9 July.

Playing as Pikachu, you must solve the crisis that has befallen a strange new place, the PokéPark. Along the way, you’ll befriend key Pokémon as you take part in Skill Games and the many challenging Attractions to be found in the PokéPark.

Up until recently, the PokéPark was protected by an item called the Sky Prism. But the Sky Prism shattered, and its pieces were spread all across the PokéPark. In order to save this magical place, you, as Pikachu, will need to explore the PokéPark and collect all of the Sky Prism Pieces.

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure is the first Pokémon adventure title for Wii. As well as pulling you into a deep and engaging action adventure story, you will meet and talk to a wide variety of Pokémon.

As you work your way through the story, you’ll explore various zones within the PokéPark, each very different to the last. Whether in Beach Zone, Iceberg Zone, Lava Zone or Haunted Zone, you’ll find various Attractions, which comprise the main challenges in the game.

Each Attraction is a mini-game, such as a footrace, a test of strength or an obstacle course, designed to test your skills to the max. Beating the high score in an Attraction is often a way of receiving a Sky Prism Piece. Shake and tilt the Wii Remote to fly, swim and skate your way through a whole host of fun Attractions, such as:

* Rhyperior’s Bumper Burn - Pokémon fight on a stage. You have to try to push opponent Pokémon off the stage!
* Bulbasaur’s Daring Dash – What could be better than a Pokémon footrace! Shake the Wii Remote to accelerate.
* Salamence’s Air Ace - Shoot airborne targets while flying high in the sky during this intense shooting game! Hitting targets while controlling the Pokémon is a serious test of your skills.
* Venusaur’s Vine Swing – Timing is everything in this test of your vine-swinging skills. Get the momentum right if you want to achieve a long jump.
* Gyarados’ Aqua Dash - Race against the clock, avoiding obstacles and using boosts to set the fastest time you can on this aquatic course!

But Pikachu isn’t the only one who can challenge the Attractions! As Pikachu befriends other Pokémon, some will become playable in different Attractions, opening up a wealth of possibilities to make strategic use of different Pokémons’ specific strengths.

Many of these Pokémon will also challenge Pikachu to a Skill Game, such as a simple Battle, a game of Hide-and-Seek, or a Chase – all games that will allow you to build friendships with the challenger by defeating them!

Zip across land, sea, and sky to show off your speed and skill in the first ever Pokémon action adventure title for all ages on Wii when PokéPark Wii: Pikachu‘s Adventure launches on 9 July 2010.

There is still no word yet on a US release. Looks like Europe will actually get a game before the US does.

Source: GoNintendo

Last edited by Yoshi648; May 27, 2010 at 09:34:12 AM.
Old May 27, 2010, 09:35:57 AM
Giratina

*Has a happy*
*Stops soft-modding his Wii*

I was gonna import it and play it through Gecko come June. Now I won't.

Last edited by Ningamer; May 27, 2010 at 09:36:55 AM.
Old May 27, 2010, 10:44:09 AM
Rayquaza

What the heck is wrong with you Nintendo of America just release it!
Old May 27, 2010, 10:51:54 AM
Shaymin

I bet NoA is holding talks about it for E3, it'll probably get a early September(so it's not around the release dates of S&P2 and Other M) release date there, I hope.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; May 27, 2010 at 10:52:20 AM.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:45:31 PM
Floatzel

I'm excited by the fact that there are actual (if somewhat simplistic) real-time battles. I've been waiting to see that from the series for a long time, and it's nice to see Nintendo making an effort in that direction.
Old May 27, 2010, 02:50:17 PM
Shaymin

Cool, the only reason I want that game is because it has 3D LUXRAY. WOOT. I think it looks awesome.
Old May 27, 2010, 05:05:17 PM
Giratina

Europe, your lucky.
Seriously! NoA! If your reading this! Please! Please, release Pokepark already!
Old May 28, 2010, 05:34:09 PM
Haxorus

Well at least you guys know how Europe feels most of the time...

3D BUIZEL = EPIC
Old May 29, 2010, 05:54:55 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buizel456 View Post
Well at least you guys know how Europe feels
Ok, now your just taunting me...
Same with the E3 2010 ad on G4... which I will actually (more like hopefully) watch this time!
Old June 4, 2010, 08:27:53 AM
Regigigas

Wow it isn't in Europe yet? What the heck is with these releases being so late in other countries? Sucks to be there.Dx
Old June 4, 2010, 08:28:53 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPun View Post
Wow it isn't in Europe yet? What the heck is with these releases being so late in other countries? Sucks to be there.Dx
Yeah, but this is the first time PokéPark's being released outside of Japan, not a translation thing where it lags behind the US release or something.
Old June 4, 2010, 08:29:29 AM
Giratina

Quote:
It's not out in America either...
Old June 4, 2010, 08:32:03 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Yeah, but this is the first time PokéPark's being released outside of Japan, not a translation thing where it lags behind the US release or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
It's not out in America either...
Wow is this for real?
Damn. I see pokepark here and there and I totally thought it was like out for a while. That's weird, it makes me wonder about other pokemon games that never come outside of Japan. How long was Pokepark out anyway?
Old June 4, 2010, 08:33:45 AM
Giratina

Poképark's been out in Japan since December last year.
Old June 4, 2010, 08:35:03 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Poképark's been out in Japan since December last year.
o_e
Wow, long time.XD This isn't the first game is it?
Old June 4, 2010, 08:38:17 AM
Giratina

What do you mean by "the first game"? If you mean teh first game to take 6 months to come out, then no. HG/SS were released in September for Japanese fans. D/P were released six months before America, and eight months before Europe. Hey You, Pikachu! still hasn't been released in Europe.
Old June 4, 2010, 08:40:32 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
What do you mean by "the first game"? If you mean teh first game to take 6 months to come out, then no. HG/SS were released in September for Japanese fans. D/P were released six months before America, and eight months before Europe. Hey You, Pikachu! still hasn't been released in Europe.
I mean by the first as in first in the series of PokePark. Like is this like the third installment?
Argh I hate Hey you Pikachu. The guy never listens.
Poor Europe, has to wait even longer than the US.DX
Old June 4, 2010, 08:46:41 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
I mean by the first as in first in the series of PokePark. Like is this like the third installment?
Argh I hate Hey you Pikachu. The guy never listens.
Poor Europe, has to wait even longer than the US.DX
Poképark isn't a series...It's pretty much just a new spin-off exclusive to Wii.
Old June 4, 2010, 08:48:20 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Poképark isn't a series...It's pretty much just a new spin-off exclusive to Wii.
Oh. This is probably the first one.
Well then, XD we need more real games that aren't spin offs.>_> I like those better.xD;
Old June 4, 2010, 09:47:09 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Quote:
Oh. This is probably the first one.
*facepalm*