Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old June 13, 2010, 06:12:23 PM
Volcarona

Default Pokémon Sunday Releases 4 Silhouettes!

The New Pokémon Sunday was released today. Nothing was released today that we already didn't know about except for 4 silhouettes of the 7 new Pokémon that were released yesterday. From the 4 new silhouettes announce today we assume that next week will only show the other 3 Pokémon therefore, next Pokémon Sunday's episode will not tell us anything new. There have also been many things Pokémon fans have been finding over the past few days and Pokémon Black and White: some error fixes, news, etc. I have browsed upon Pokébeach today who have all the errors and news summed up in a big paragraph. Here they are:

* Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive Pokemon. They do not appear during normal gameplay, at least in Black and White. Therefore, you can only get the two if you preorder a ticket to The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark and trade over one of the shiny Legendary Beasts (to encounter Zoroark) and if you download the movie Celebi from the theaters and trade it over (to get Zorua).
* Zoroark can learn a new attack called "Night Burst," which lowers the opponent's accuracy. It learns the attack at a high level.
* The event Zoroark you can obtain will know Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, and Taunt.
* Zorua has Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, and Fake Tears.
* The new ability of Meguroko, the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, should be translated as "Overconfidence" rather than "Earthquake Spiral." The ability increases its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon.
* Zekrom's ability is named "Teravoltage," not "Terra Voltage." "Tera" is a prefix that means one trillion. Does this mean it can generate a trillion volts of electricity with its tail generator?
* There is a new indicator that shows you the status of the weather, such as if it's raining.
* The gold building in the Reshiram scan (that looks honey-covered) is described as being shaped like a bee's nest.
* The chinchilla is spelled "Chiraamii," not Chiramii.
* The pink blob with floral patterns is spelled "Munna."

Source and Image: http://Pokebeach.com
Old June 13, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
* Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive Pokemon. They do not appear during normal gameplay, at least in Black and White. Therefore, you can only get the two if you preorder a ticket to The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark and trade over one of the shiny Legendary Beasts (to encounter Zoroark) and if you download the movie Celebi from the theaters and trade it over (to get Zorua).
I really hope this is the same way it will be over here in North America. If you haven't seen the line at the bottom of my sig, take a look now. It's been there for nearly a year and a half.
Old June 13, 2010, 06:54:46 PM
Regigigas

Thanks, Pokemon Sunday!
Old June 13, 2010, 07:00:21 PM
Volcarona

I agree Cat. I would be furious if I had no Zoroark in my game. D:
Old June 13, 2010, 07:23:58 PM
Regigigas

I DESPISE Nintendo's event pokemon. This makes me like Zoroark far less.
Old June 13, 2010, 07:51:21 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
I DESPISE Nintendo's event pokemon. This makes me like Zoroark far less.
exactley i despise them also they should make it so you have to do something in-game to get it

~Merged by Shadow~

I personally wouldn't even use zoroark in my party but it would be nice just to say you have it

Last edited by Shadow; June 14, 2010 at 03:24:42 AM. Reason: Double posting - I'm not going to bother merging double posts next time, except for new members.
Old June 13, 2010, 08:27:26 PM
Servine

ive got a feeling munna is a corruption of the english word moon, or not.
Old June 14, 2010, 02:00:36 AM
Rayquaza

I just hope Zoroark isn't only available through events.
Old June 14, 2010, 03:13:52 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
I just hope Zoroark isn't only available through events.
Pretty much what I was thinking. I hate it when Japanese/American people get the event Pokémon locally while other players are not able to.

Last edited by Shadow; June 14, 2010 at 03:15:17 AM.
Old June 14, 2010, 05:17:50 AM
Rayquaza

These news are depressing. it seems I will never be able to get Zorua or Zoroark.
Old June 14, 2010, 07:24:18 AM
Shaymin

My remarks in BOLD
Quote:

Cool, I bet that the Celebii will be a GameStop event(remember the Jirachi for HG/SS) and the shiny beast a Toys'R'Us or Wi-Fi event(or, again, a GameStop event).

* Zoroark can learn a new attack called "Night Burst," which lowers the opponent's accuracy. It learns the attack at a high level.

Sweet, more moves that lower/increase accuracy!

* The event Zoroark you can obtain will know Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, and Taunt.

Hm, sound appropriate for the Pokémon, even if the moves aren't powerful.

* Zorua has Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, and Fake Tears.

See above.

* The new ability of Meguroko, the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, should be translated as "Overconfidence" rather than "Earthquake Spiral." The ability increases its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon.

I really like this. If anyone here knows some things about Yu-Gi-Oh, then they should remember the card "Magna Drago", which increases it's attack by 200 if it causes battle damage to an opponent. Could be a great Wi-Fi strategy to swap it in for a kill and stat boost if there's a weak straggler left.

* Zekrom's ability is named "Teravoltage," not "Terra Voltage." "Tera" is a prefix that means one trillion. Does this mean it can generate a trillion volts of electricity with its tail generator?

WHO KNOWS?! FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF TALES...OF...INTEREST!!!

* There is a new indicator that shows you the status of the weather, such as if it's raining.

Aww, man...I wanted it to be that, say it's raining, the rain continues to fall mid-battle instead of it just saying every other turn that it is raining. At least this is a step in the right direction and they'll remove those time wasting weather alert text boxes with this.

* The gold building in the Reshiram scan (that looks honey-covered) is described as being shaped like a bee's nest.

Can you say Bug-type gym?

* The chinchilla is spelled "Chiraamii," not Chiramii.
* The pink blob with floral patterns is spelled "Munna."
Also, why is everyone complaining like they won't be able to get Zorua/Zoroark?! It's not like they won't put the movie out in the U.S./other countries on DVD, and when they do they'll have Mystery Gift to give you the Pokémon needed for said events soon enough.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:05:43 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post

Also, why is everyone complaining like they won't be able to get Zorua/Zoroark?! It's not like they won't put the movie out in the U.S./other countries on DVD, and when they do they'll have Mystery Gift to give you the Pokémon needed for said events soon enough.
They never give out any event in Dubai, although we have Toys r us.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:24:14 AM
Cyndaquil

I recorded it in my good quality at long last!!

Last edited by CloneCharizard; June 14, 2010 at 09:24:28 AM.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:36:45 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
They never give out any event in Dubai, although we have Toys r us.
Ah, I recommend the GTS then. :3
Old June 14, 2010, 10:13:14 AM
Volcarona

Nice vid bro.
Old June 14, 2010, 05:09:23 PM
Regigigas

They really should have released the silhouettes FIRST, then the images. Poor planing by Nintendo.
Old June 15, 2010, 05:03:45 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
They really should have released the silhouettes FIRST, then the images. Poor planing by Nintendo.
The images were leaked, not released. They probably think we don't know what those Pokémon are, whereas in reality, we already do.

Last edited by Shadow; June 15, 2010 at 05:04:10 AM.