Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old July 13, 2010, 08:50:47 AM
Regigigas

Default Additional CoroCoro Details Revealed

The final parts of information ommitted in the previous leaks has now become available.

Firstly, all the new Pokemon have been given species classifications.

Gochiruzeru->Celestial Body Pokemon, Psychic-type
-As mentioned earlier, it can use a move called "Magic Room" which negates the effects of items for 5 turns.

Rankurusu->Amplification Pokemon, Psychic-type
-Has a new ability called "Dust-Proof", which negates damage from weather effects. It`s other ability is Magic Gaurd.

------->Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are version exclusive Pokemon.

Wargle->Valor Pokemon, Normal/Flying Type.
-Has the abilities Keen Eye, and Encourage. The latter is shared with Hihidaruma and boosts the power of attacks, but negates their secondary effects (ex.Shadow Ball will do more damage, but will no longer have a chance of reducing the opponent`s Special Defense).
-Can also learn Free Fall, as mentioned before. It is a two-turn attack involving carrying the opponent up into the air on the first turn, then dropping them on the second.

Kibago->Tusk Pokemon, Dragon-type. (The Pokemon shown in the leaked anime character sheet near the new female character).
-It has the abilities Mold Breaker and Rivalry, and can learn an attack called "Double Chop", which inflicts damage on the opponent twice.

Koromori-Bat Pokemon, Psychic/Flying-type
-It can have either the ability Klutz, or Unaware.
-A new move is available for it called "Heart Stamp" which causes the opponent to flinch.

Minezumi->Lookout Pokemon, Normal-type. (The Pokemon shown in the Black and White trailer during Gen`ei no Hasha:Zoroark)
It can have the abilities Run Away, and Keen Eye.

Musharna->Trance Pokemon, Psychic-type
-The evolved form of Munna.
-The smoke it gives off contains the dreams of Pokemon. This "Dream Smoke" allows you to use a Game Sync to upload your save file to the internet.
-It can have the abilities Synchronize and Forewarn.

The official artwork of the newly-revealed Pokemon. (High-resolution image).

Besides that, new information on Triple Battles has been revealed. The Middle Pokemon can target all three opposing Pokemon, whereas the Pokemon on the left and right can attack the opposite Pokemon, and the opposing Pokemon in the middle. A new ability, called "Telepathy" will also be available for some Pokemon, allowing them to avoid being damaged by their team mates. An as-of-yet unnamed attack also has this effect.

Story-wise, information on N has been revealed. Fitting with the concept of "Right and Wrong" that goes with the theme of Yin and Yang, N is an antagonist, and challenges you to a battle multiple times in the story to prove his ideals of what is right and wrong. He says "Pokemon are friends", and because of this, wants to "free" them from humans, seperating them so that the world is like black and white. As a result, he seeks the power to achieve this end. The player`s childhood friends, Beru (could be romaji for "Bell"), and Cheren, each take a starter Pokemon from Professor Araragi, as do you, breaking the tradition of having one Pokemon not taken by a trainer.

As mentioned previously, Isshu is farther away from the other regions than they are from each other, and as a result, the routes have gone back to "1" and so on, instead of "401", etc.

As some of you may know, there are also version-exclusive locations, namely, White Forest in Pokemon White, and Black City in Pokemon Black.

As for various new game mechanics, the aformentioned "C-Gear" will be given to you by Prof. Araragi`s friend Makomo after completing a task for her.
The High Link we`ve heard of before is a building in Isshu which allows players to connect to other players` world and adventure alongside them.
The DS` infrared capabilities have also streamlines the trading and battling functionalities, with trading being doable straight from the PC Box, and quick battles.
The Live Caster feature which allows players to conduct video chat over wireless (4 people over local wireless, 2 over Wi-Fi) also has a stamp and pen tool to play around with pictures during live chat.

The live chat feature being shown (High-resolution image)

What`s more interesting is that characters in the game will use the Live Caster to speak with you, as we saw N do in the 1-minute long trailer released recently. (Video embedded below, for reference).

One thing (which will make things even harder on me for translating dialogue in-game) is that Kanji is going to implemented into the game as well. For those of you who don`t know, Kanji is a type of Japanese writing which doesn`t use an alphabet. Instead, each written symbol represents one word. Needless to say, there are a LOT of Kanji out there, so memorization is key xD

The game sync feature unlocked through Musharna also gives you more than just a battle option. Your Pokemon can enter a "Dream World" and play with other Pokemon they meet there. The ones they befriend can be brought back to the real world, that is to say, your Black and/or White cartridge. essentially allowing you to get Pokemon which are not neccesarily Isshu-native into the game.

The "Dream World" features are shown (High-resolution image)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 13, 2010 at 02:29:59 PM. Reason: Updated links to prevent hotlinking (fixed), Stop using YouTube Embed code!!!
Old July 13, 2010, 09:00:25 AM
Rayquaza

Kibago is dragon, that's really cool I hope it's the pre evollved form of the physdo of this gen.
Old July 13, 2010, 09:03:08 AM
Administrator

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but these games just keep getting more and more awesome after each reveal.
Old July 13, 2010, 09:03:17 AM
Zoroark

N sounds weird.
Old July 13, 2010, 09:14:03 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but these games just keep getting more and more awesome after each reveal.
Agreed, I didn`t want to get my hopes too high, but this game`s really taking a new turn, this may the vast change Pokemon fans have been waiting years for (from what I`ve heard Generation 2`s features haven`t been matched or surpassed, in terms of sheer number, as of yet).

Hopefully these games will be as good as they sound. Plus, the idea of using morality, and ambiguity, for that matter, is a pretty immersive way to create a better storyline, I`m looking forward to seeing how this goes (especially since N doesn`t seem like the typical "villain".
Old July 13, 2010, 09:47:46 AM
Rayquaza

I LOVE these games. Also, the Dream World seems interesting.
Old July 13, 2010, 06:24:30 PM
Regigigas

So the Cell and the Tower are Version exclusives? They don't look much alike, but I guess they're both psychics.

They're both cool, but I'll just get the one in White.
Old July 14, 2010, 02:22:00 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
So the Cell and the Tower are Version exclusives? They don't look much alike, but I guess they're both psychics.

They're both cool, but I'll just get the one in White.
Well, technically Gochiruzeru seems to be based on a gothic female (as per the name including part of the romaji for "Gothic"-Ghochi)

Personally, I want to get Rankurusu, I don`t really like Gochiruzeru. But I`ll almost definitely getting both games, so I suppose I`ll end up with a Gochiruzeru anyway.
Old July 14, 2010, 03:00:24 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
One thing (which will make things even harder on me for translating dialogue in-game) is that Kanji is going to implemented into the game as well. For those of you who don`t know, Kanji is a type of Japanese writing which doesn`t use an alphabet. Instead, each written symbol represents one word. Needless to say, there are a LOT of Kanji out there, so memorization is key xD
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO T_T

I will barely be though the katakana and hiragana by the time this game ships. I know hardly any kanji T_T.

Crap >.> If I order it, I may not be able to understand it if they use a lot of kanji. I don't know what to do !!!
Old July 14, 2010, 03:13:05 PM
Landorus

.....epic.
Old July 17, 2010, 08:13:38 AM
Giratina

1- 'N' seems to be an interesting antagonist.
2- Black City looks more awesome than White Forest, in my opinion.
3- Dream World seems like a great addition.

In conclusion, those games are far more than just amazing, and they keep getting better every time news are revealed.
*I know you're all used to hearing this from me, but still... *

Last edited by Shadow; July 17, 2010 at 08:14:20 AM.
Old July 17, 2010, 08:15:47 AM
Rayquaza

I think that each of Zekrom and Reshiram will be placed in one of either the White Forest or the Black City.
Old July 21, 2010, 06:02:28 AM
Charizard

No! Not Kanji!!!! KANJI IS EVIL!!!!!!
Old July 21, 2010, 06:24:27 AM
Rayquaza

I wonder to what language it is going to be changed in the English games.
Old July 21, 2010, 02:45:16 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I wonder to what language it is going to be changed in the English games.
They are not changing the language, they are just making it harder to read.

Forinstance ねこ is neko which is the word for cat. 猫 is the knaji for cat is and is still said and read the same way.
Old July 25, 2010, 02:36:01 AM
Giratina

So the Kanji will remain as it is in the English versions and not changed to something else?
Old July 25, 2010, 08:43:41 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
So the Kanji will remain as it is in the English versions and not changed to something else?
They will either do nothing, or just use bigger words in the English version.