Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old March 25, 2011, 11:52:28 AM
Regigigas

Default Pokémon's Very First Blu-Ray Discs Announced

The 12th and 13th Pokémon movies, Arceus and the Jewel and Life, and Zoroark:Master of Illusions have been announced to be available on Blu-Ray disc in the future, a first for the series. These releases have so far only been announced by Magna Home Entertainment, the company in charge of the animé for Australia. The actual release dates have not yet been revealed, instead "Coming Soon! Pre-Order Now" being in the place of the date. Whether Viz Media, the company which manages the Pokémon animé in North America, will also be releasing (and re-releasing, in the case of Movie 12) these films is as of yet unknown.

Source(s):

EzyDVD.com's DVD Listing
Old March 25, 2011, 12:20:30 PM
Volcarona

DO EET Viz Media, DO IT! Pokemon anime and movies have been in HD for quite some time, so it's nice to hear that they are finally getting them released on a format that supports it. [offtopic] My house has 5 HD capable displays (4 tvs and 1 computer monitor) and a Blu-Ray player.[/offtopic] I'd steal the Blu-Ray player for my room if Viz does release them in America.
Old March 26, 2011, 01:17:31 AM
Administrator

More reason for me to get a Blu-ray player (or a BD-R drive for my computer). Well, I can say that I definitely will own the Blu-ray version of the 13th movie eventually. Hopefully, they'll release a Blu-ray+DVD bundle so I can enjoy the DVD right away and use the Blu-ray one later.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 26, 2011 at 01:18:56 AM.
Old March 26, 2011, 01:30:35 AM
Giratina

Imagine the scenes where the city gets damaged by the torrents, fires and thunders in "Zoroark: Master of Illusion" being displayed in HD! I think this is a great step for more advanced releases in the future, and I hope North America gets the Blue Ray discs, too.